Friday, June 10, 2011

The Next Morning...

It is now Friday morning, 6:00 a.m. Texas time, 5:00 a.m. here (They don't observe daylight savings time here) and it is bright daylight. Wow! What a great night's sleep! Gee, its a little chilly in here with that fan on. I wonder if the owner would sell me this mattress? Oh well, breakfast is ready. Martha has chopped up various fresh fruit, some or all of which came from her garden here around the house. They even grow their own avocados. They are very mild tasting, almost like eating smooth butter. They have mangos which are wonderful. Skip says his son-in-law breaks out when he touches a mango skin. Seems there in the same thing in the skin as in poison ivy. I am very allergic to poison ivy, but I didn’t have any trouble downing that fresh, sweet mango! I didn't eat the peeling though. They even have a cinnamon tree. I didn't even know cinnamon grew on trees. I thought it came in jars at the grocery store.

No comments: